Central Administrative Offices (VT/MA)
Feel good about where you work and what you do! We are The Institute of Professional Practice, a non-profit human services agency making a meaningful difference in the lives of adults and children with autism and other disabilities. We provide residential programs, day support, special education, and employment services in partnership with families and in collaboration with public and private health, human service, education and other government agencies.
The Institute of Professional Practice, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Be the first to know when new career opportunities are posted with email notifications!
Accountant - General Ledger: Full-time position, 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, Berlin, VT. The accountant accurately and efficiently performs a wide variety of accounting duties and works with accounting and other personnel throughout the organization’s various state offices.
Responsibilities: These responsibilities are not all-inclusive. They are representative of the role and may be changed at any time with or without notice.
General Areas – Accountant:
- Accurately and efficiently performs a wide variety of accounting duties
- Ensures the accurate and timely entry of financial transactions
- Gathers, tracks and analyzes financial data
- Maintains supporting files and schedules for financial data
- Prepares account reconciliations
- Ensures the timely and accurate reporting of monthly financial information
- Prepares and maintains documentation of procedures and policies
- Assists with the preparation, maintenance and review of files and supporting documentation for various audits
- Works closely with accounting and other personnel throughout the organization’s various state offices
- Participates in efficiency planning and implementation
- Performs research on various accounting topics upon request, presents findings and makes recommendations
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Focus Areas – General Ledger & Reporting:
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of various corporate financial transactions, including the processing of bank and general journal entries (including VEBA)
- Works closely with multi-state accounting and other personnel to collect proper documentation to support general ledger transactions and financial reports
- Maintains proper general ledger financial records, analysis and reconciliations
- Assists with the preparation of various financial reports to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements
- Assists with the maintenance of the general ledger and financial reports
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
A solid understanding of accounting principles; demonstrated competency of Microsoft Excel and Word skills; detail oriented; strong analytical, organization and time management skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to work as a team member; ability to prioritize and work independently.
Minimum of three years’ experience in an accounting role preferred. Experience with General Ledger software, Great Plains preferred.
Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Accounting required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Some infrequent day and/or overnight travel possible.
Physical and mental demands:
These physical and mental demands are representative of the physical and mental requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Accountant position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable qualified people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this position.
Lift/carry up to 10 pounds; speaking; standing; sitting for long periods of time; reaching; bending; walking; reaching with arms and hands, balancing; using fingers to handle or feel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Mental Performing Elements:
Thinking analytically; analyzing and interpreting data; organizing and coordinating; problem solving; communicating verbally; creating written communication; handling stress/emotions.
This position requires the routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, fax machines, audio/visual equipment, etc.
This position operates in a professional office environment.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com