Central Administrative Offices (VT/MA)
Feel good about where you work and what you do! We are The Institute of Professional Practice, a non-profit human services agency making a meaningful difference in the lives of adults and children with autism and other disabilities. We provide residential programs, day support, special education, and employment services in partnership with families and in collaboration with public and private health, human service, education and other government agencies.
The Institute of Professional Practice, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Accountant: We’re seeking an Accountant to join our finance team at the Vermont office. The ideal candidate is a team player with a solid understanding of accounting principles; demonstrated competency of Microsoft Excel and Word skills; detail orientation; strong analytical, organization and time management skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to prioritize and work independently.
Minimum of an Associate’s degree and three years’ experience in an accounting role preferred. Experience with General Ledger software, Great Plains a definite plus but not required.
- Accurately and efficiently performs a wide variety of accounting duties
- Ensures the accurate and timely entry of financial transactions
- Gathers, tracks and analyzes financial data
- Maintains supporting files and schedules for financial data
- Prepares account reconciliations
- Ensures the timely and accurate reporting of monthly financial information
- Prepares and maintains documentation of procedures and policies
- Assists with the preparation, maintenance and review of files and supporting documentation for various audits
- Works closely with accounting and other personnel throughout the organization’s various state offices
- Participates in efficiency planning and implementation
- Ensures the accurate and timely entry of all corporate client funds transactions
- Records client SSA receipts and distributes the funds as appropriate
- Prepares various client funds schedules and reconciliations
- Works closely with multi-state accounting and other personnel to collect proper documentation to support client account balances
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com