Therapeutic Foster Care
Creating Connections for Life!
Our Mission The Permanency Services Programs are committed to supporting and empowering children and family caregivers to build and maintain strong, healthy family relationships that last a lifetime. We do this using a team centered, family centered approach that is clinically sound and is validating and respectful of individual difference, culture and tradition.
Our Services Permanency Services offers two foster care programs that support highly skilled foster parents and children throughout the state of Connecticut.
(TFC) Therapeutic Foster Care
(FCT) Family and Community Ties
The children referred to us for specialized foster care by DCF require an increased level of support as do their foster parents. We work in collaboration with DCF and community providers to identify the individual needs of each youth and tailor support services to meet those needs. At the TCF level we provide clinical case management and life skills training as well as assistance in maintaining relationships with the child’s biological family and their community of origin. FCT increases support by employing a multidisciplinary treatment team as well as providing intensive in-home clinical services.
Permanency Placement Services Program (PPSP)
We provide DCF with specialized permanency planning services for any currently active youth who is in need of specialized services to assist in the realization of a permanency plan. Services include:
- Home studies and evaluations
- Pre and post-placement planning
- Post-finalization services
- Reunification services and supervision after reunification
Staff Development & Training Manager
PPSP Clinical Supervisor
For more information contact:
Valerie Lilley, Assistant Director
Office: 203.317.2700 Ext. 135
When you become a Foster Parent you will receive:
- Intensive & ongoing professional training.
- Frequent contact with an IPPI support team to identify individual & family needs, coordinate services, and to work collaboratively with treatment providers.
- Connections with a community of like-minded foster parents through support groups, social activities, training, and respite care planning.
- A competitive foster parent stipend.
- A chance to change a child’s life!
Interested in becoming a Foster Parent?
Family Resource Specialist
203.317.2700 Ext. 134
Home Finding Specialist
203.317.2700 Ext. 123
Let’s Get Started! Preliminary Questionnaire
Wonderful video on becoming a foster parent, please share!