Mid-Atlantic Human Services
From quality of care, to meaningful community membership, to innovation and expansion, to building one’s life – Individual lives. Individual solutions.
In December of 1998, Mid-Atlantic Human Services Corporation assumed responsibility for a ground-breaking community-based residential program serving people who had complex medical needs, previously treated only in hospital settings. Initiated by the Kennedy-Krieger Institute, the programs we absorbed consisted of three alternative living settings for children and young adults whose care required around the clock nursing and whose health treatment depended on medical technology. Since then, other individuals with challenging behavior and mental health needs, as well as medical problems, have moved to our small group or individual homes and participate in day or school programs within their neighborhoods.
Mid-Atlantic now supports over 60 individuals who have autism spectrum disorder, traumatic brain injury, intellectual disabilities, complex medical needs, psychiatric disorders, dual diagnoses and social-emotional maladjustment.
Based in Nottingham, Maryland, our service area currently includes Baltimore County, Harford County, and the Eastern Shore. Having established standards of high quality services, community involvement, and active progress in skill development, we take seriously our focus on advocacy for individuals with disabilities. Mid-Atlantic continues to welcome referrals and requests for services originating across the state and from the District of Columbia, Pennsylvania and Delaware as well.
The services we offer include:
- Residential supports, including alternative living units (ALU), group homes, community supported living arrangements (CSLA), and Individual Service Options (ISO), a form of therapeutic foster care for children and adults
- Respite care
- Programs for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Clinical Services including consultation and training
- Behavioral Support Services
- Transitions from School to Independent Living
- Support for people with complex medical needs